Theme: THE FUTURE
Schedule: All times Eastern Standard Time (EST)
10:30 AM – Welcome to Faith in Film
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM – Networking session
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM – Discussion with Christine Swanson about the future of television
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM – Break
2:30 PM – 4:00 PM – Panel discussion with Jenny L. Cote and Carl Weyant on the future of faith
4:00 PM – 4:30 PM – Break
4:30 PM – 6:00 PM – Discussion with Steve Griffith on the future of film
6:00 PM – 6:15 PM – Closing prayer and encouragement
6:15 PM – 7:00 PM – Networking session
The Clark Sisters: First Ladies of Gospel aired on Saturday, April 11, of this year. The following day was Easter Sunday and by Monday, April 13th, word was out that The Clark Sisters, a music biopic of the highest selling female gospel group in history, had broken all records for the Lifetime Channel. It was their highest rated movie in four years, was the strongest original movie across key demographics on all of television, broadcast, and cable channels, with over 2.7 million viewers, and was also #1 that night on social media, according to Nielsen Social, with over 700,000 interactions.
Are you surprised that a faith-based movie aired, and broke records, on the Lifetime Channel? Or, would you be even more surprised to know that director, Christine Swanson, does not consider The Clark Sisters a faith-based film? Join us as we have an informal conversation with Christine about The Clark Sisters, about her episodes of FBI and Chicago, P.D., and as we discuss her experiences in television and the impact faith might have on this medium in the future.
Join author Jenny L. Cote as she shares with us her 13-year walk of faith to bring her children’s book series to film. Alongside Jenny on the panel discussion is screenwriter Lori Marett (adapted the first book in the series, The Ark, The Reed & The Fire Cloud) and film producer/director Carl Weyant, who will give examples of the power of faith in this long and arduous process. Following the conversation with Jenny, Lori and Carl, a Q&A session will be made available to the public. It is the hopes of the panel that this session will be an encouragement to all filmmakers, to stay the course so they may reap the rewards of their faith in the future.
CHILDREN’S BOOK SERIES
The Amazing Tales of Max and Liz® is a two-book prequel series that begins the adventures of brave Scottie dog Max and brilliant French cat Liz.
- Book One: The Ark, the Reed, and the Fire Cloud introduces Max and Liz, who meet on the way to the Ark and foil a plot by a stowaway who is out to kill Noah and stop his mission.
- Book Two: The Dreamer, the Schemer, and the Robe brings Max, Liz, and friends to work behind the scenes in the life of Joseph in the land of Egypt.
The Epic Order of the Seven® series picks up where the Max and Liz series left off.
- Book One: The Prophet, the Shepherd, and the Star gives Max, Liz, and the gang their most important mission yet: preparing for the birth of the promised Messiah. Their 700–year mission takes them to the lives of Isaiah, Daniel, and those in the Christmas story.
- Book Two: The Roman, the Twelve, and the King unfolds the childhood, ministry and passion of Jesus Christ with a twist – his story is told within the story of George F. Handel composing Messiah.
- Book Three: The Wind, the Road, and the Way covers Acts 1-18 and Paul’s first two missionary journeys.
- Book Four: The Fire, the Revelation, and the Fall concludes the story of Acts to the fall of Rome, showing the miraculous birth of the church amidst persecution by the Roman Empire.
- Book Five: The Voice, the Revolution, and the Key begins a five book Revolutionary War saga featuring Patrick Henry and the Marquis de Lafayette.
- Book Six: The Declaration, the Sword, and the Spy (April 2020) covers the battles Lexington and Concord through the Declaration of Independence.
- Future books will feature C.S. Lewis and WWII.
Jenny’s books have been developed into VBS curriculum (Heroes of HIStory) with animation by Magnetic Dreams in Nashville, TN, and original music by Marco Randazzo. Plans are currently underway to produce an animated feature film adaptation of The Ark, the Reed, and the Fire Cloud (2022).
Join Steve Griffith and his special guests as they discuss the Future of Film.